2013 Schedule of Events:
Pre Race Clinic/Training Sessions:
- February 9, 1pm-4pm: Lake Natoma, Sacramento
- March 16, 8:30am-4pm: Sacramento River, Red Bluff
- April 6, 10am-4pm: Russian River, Healdsburg
- April 20, 10am-4pm: Sausalito, SF Bay
May 19th: Community Conservation Paddle
A non competitive public paddle from the Sundial Bridge to Anderson River Park Information and Register Here
- 11am: Drop off gear at the Sundial and drive to Anderson River Park and leave your car.
- 12pm: Shuttle leaves Anderson River Park and drives back to Sundial Bridge where we put on the water and start the paddle.
- 5pm: BBQ sponsored by Headwaters Adventure Co. at Anderson River park until 7pm.
May 24: River Front Park, (Sundial Bridge) Redding, CA
- 5pm-7pm: Race bag pickup/sign in/boat check
- 7pm-7:30pm: Mandatory safety talk for all participants
May 25: River Front Park, Redding, CA
- 5am-5:40am:Adventure Class check in and get in the water
- 6am: Adventure Class Race Start!
- 6am-6:40am: Competitive Class check in and get in the water
- 7am: Competitive Class Race Start!River Front Park- near the Sundial Bridge
- 12:00pm: Estimated closure time of Checkpoint #1 (Reading Island)
- 5pm: Estimated closure time of Checkpoint #2 (Red Bluff Diversion Dam Recreation Area>
- 11:00pm: Estimated closure time of Checkpoint #3 (Tehama Co. Park at Woodson Bridge)
- 3am: Course Closure time- Finish line at Irving Finch River Access
- *NOTE- Closure times are estimates only. Times are subject to change with conditions.
May 26: BBQ and Awards ceremony at Checkpoint 3
- Noon-4pm: Awards, raffle, massages and BBQ at Tehama County River Park at Woodson Bridge near Corning, CA
- BBQ starts at 12 noon, with locally raised grass fed beef burgers and local farm supplied grilled veggies and green salads. It’s a meal you won’t want to miss! Raffle and awards start at 1pm and auction announcements to follow at 3pm. Must be present to win in raffle and auction.
May 27: Rivers for Change Sacramento River Clean Up in Chico
An opportunity to give back to the community and help keep our rivers clean! Information and registration here.
- 9am: Meet at Irvine Finch State River Access near Chico, CA to arrange shuttles.
- 10am-2pm: Float downstream and collect garbage along the way
- 2pm-5pm: Optional social gathering at Scotty’s Landing