2014 Schedule of Events:
Pre Race Clinic/Training Sessions:
- 4/26/14 – Ripon, CA – Stanislaus River
- 5/3/14 – Carnelian Bay, CA – Lake Tahoe
May 17th: Community Paddle Day, Redding, CA
A non competitive public paddle from the Sundial Bridge to Anderson River Park.
Join us on the river from the Sundial Bridge in Redding to Anderson River Park. For racers, here’s your chance to get on the technical upper section of the course with skilled river paddlers. For those that paddle and want to take your paddling skills up a notch and be able to enjoy river paddling safely, our experienced guides and safety boaters will help you develop river skills. 11am – 4pm, $10, All proceeds to benefit Rivers for Change.
More info and signup here: california100communitypaddleday.eventbrite.com
May 24: Race Check-in & Mandatory Safety Meeting – River Front Park, (Sundial Bridge) Redding, CA
- 3pm-6pm: Race bag pickup/sign in/boat check
- 6pm-7:00pm: Mandatory safety talk for all participants
May 25: Race Day – River Front Park, Redding, CA
- 5am-5:40am:Adventure Class check in and get in the water
- 6am: Adventure Class Race Start!
- 6am-6:40am: Competitive Class check in and get in the water
- 7am: Competitive Class Race Start!
- 12:00pm: Estimated closure time of Checkpoint #1
- 5pm: Estimated closure time of Checkpoint #2
- 11:00pm: Estimated closure time of Checkpoint #3
- 3am: Course Closure time- Finish line at Bidwell Sacramento River State Park – Pine Creek Access
- *NOTE- Closure times are estimates only. Times are subject to change with conditions.
May 26: BBQ and Awards ceremony – Tehama County River Park, Corning, CA
- 10am-2pm: Awards, raffle, massages and Brunch
- Brunch starts at 11am
- Raffle and awards start at 12pm and auction announcements to follow at 1pm. Must be present to win in raffle and auction.