Check back for 2015 Pre-Race Training Clinics and Practice Sessions
February 22, 2014 – Half Moon Bay, CA – Pillar Point Harbor March 1, 2014 – Red Bluff, CA – Sacramento River March 22, 2014 – Redding, CA – Sacramento River April 19, 2014 – Kernville, CA – Kern River April 26, 2014 – NEW LOCATION – RIPON, CA – STANISLAUS RIVER May 3, 2014 – Carnelian Bay, CA – Lake Tahoe
What to expect at all sessions
– We will spend the first session on land covering the basics of how to have a successful ultra-race. Topics include Training, Setting Goals, Nutrition, Boat rigging and more.
– The last part of the dry land clinic will be dedicated to answering questions and looking at individual boat setups.
– The group paddles will be appropriate for all levels and all vessels. They are geared to help you train smarter, not harder!
What to bring to each session
– Your kayak and Paddle and your standard Gear
– Rig your boat as you think you may set it up for the race
– Paddle Clothes for on water session
– Warm clothes for the Clinic and afterwards (for point to point trainings bring 2 sets of warm clothes for the shuttle)
– Plenty of food and hydration for on the water
Additional Notes and Community Resources
– Susan Starbird puts on paddle stroke technique sessions out of lake Natoma.
– Additional stroke coaching videos and stroke specific clinics are offered by local legend Brent Reitz
– The Wave Chaser Paddle Series offers Open Ocean races as well as novice beginner courses in the Bay Area. This is a great way to set goals and get involved with the paddling community.