Race Start: River Front Park, Sundial Bridge, Redding, CA
- 725 Sundial Bridge Dr Redding, CA 96001
- Coordinates: 40.590830, -122.383370
All Checkpoints will be marked with a pink round buoy placed just slightly before and to the corresponding side of the river as the checkpoint. Please approach all checkpoints and finish with caution to avoid colliding with other paddlers. To avoid injuring our volunteers or your boats, we will not assist you with your vessels at the checkpoints unless you request it.
Checkpoint #1: Ball’s Ferry Boat Ramp (river left)
- Location: Intersection of Ash Creek Road & Gover Road, Anderson, CA
- Mileage: Start-Checkpoint 1: 22-23 miles
- Coordinates: 40.417329, -122.192851
Checkpoint #2: Red Bluff Recreation Area at the diversion dam (river left)
- Location: 498 Sale Ln Red Bluff, CA 96080
- Mileage: Checkpoint 1 – Checkpoint 2: 33-34 miles
- Coordinates: 40.155767, -122.206826
Checkpoint #3: Woodson Bridge, Tehama River Park near Corning (river left)
- Location: 25324 South Ave, Corning, CA 96021
- Mileage: Checkpoint 2 – Checkpoint 3: 24 miles
- Coordinates: 39.909697, -122.091686
Finish: Pine Creek River Access @ Bidwell Sacramento River State Park (river left)
- Location: 12429 River Rd, Chico, CA 95973
- Mileage: Checkpoint 3 – Finish: 20-23 miles
- Coordinates: 39.736829, -121.958849
The maps below are to be used as guidelines. It is the responsibility of each paddler to navigate the river safely. Arrows on maps suggest what is generally thought the best position to pass through particular sections: river right, river left, or center. Conditions of the river may change. The makers of this map will not be held liable for any accidents, injuries or deaths caused from use of this map.
River miles are taken from Sacramento River Conservation Area Forum and are approximate.
Driving directions between checkpoints are here: 2014 Cal100 Driving Directions