Our mission is to connect people to rivers through Source To Sea adventures.
We envision a world where people and communities are active stewards of river systems with a holistic understanding of their interconnectedness and interdependence.
Our three core strategies include:
Connecting People to People
- Fostering community dialogue about rivers
- Cultivating relationships and networks
- Acting as a conduit between geographically separate communities and organizations
Connecting People to Rivers
- Actively engaging people in their backyard river
- Building people’s understanding of a river from its source to the sea
- Telling a river’s story from source to sea
- Building relationships between communities and organizations in different watersheds
- Creating a visual representation of the interconnectedness of river
Through the adventure of paddling a river from source to sea, engaging communities along the way through public paddling days and river cleanups, working with youth on stewardship, and collecting scientific data along our expeditions, we bring these rivers directly into people’s lives, connecting them with not only where their water comes from, and how they can use these resources responsibly, but with the knowledge that we are all interconnected through these waterways.
We aim to invoke a spirit of adventure while exploring threatened rivers in order to inform and inspire individuals and communities to take positive action in addressing the well-being of their watersheds.
Founded in 2011 by Danielle Katz and John Dye, we are a 501(c)(3) not for profit. EIN #37-1654861